New York NFL Alumni Hero
Youth Football Camps
For Football Skills, Life Skills & Fun.
Learn to run, throw, catch & play the New York NFL Alumni Hero way!
Featuring New York NFL Alumni Heroes like former New York Giants Stephen Baker, Scott Brunner, Keith Elias, Deon Grant, Curtis McGriff, Lance Smith and Perry Williams.
Providing safe, non-contact football instruction and athletic development for kids ages 6-14 years old.
Professional, USA Football certified coaches lead football camps.
20+ community-based locations in NY, NJ and CT.
Need Help? Call us at 877-226-9919
It's Football Fit for Kids!
WHAT OUR CUSTOMERS SAY: The best youth football camp experience my boys have ever had! The coaches are amazing and so knowledgeable. We are very very happy and will return every year! Very professional and very at home at the same time. Big A+, thank you Cristina D--Pine Bush, NY.
Reasons to Sign Up:
- NFL Alumni Heroes from the New York Giants
- Professional, USA Football Certified Coaches
- Athletic SKill Development
- Football Skill Development
- Team Contests and Skill Challenges
- Tournament Action
- Championship Friday
- Awards and Prizes
New York NFL Alumni Hero Youth Football Camps
5-Day Half Day Camps: $229 with code (unless otherwise noted)
5-Day Full Day Camps: $429 with code (unless otherwise noted)
Mon. June 20 – Fri. June 24, 8:30am to 11:30am
1. NEW CANAAN, CT, St. Luke’s School, 377 North Wilton Road
Mon. June 27 – Fri. July 1, 8:30am to 11:30am
2. SUMMIT, NJ, Oak Knoll School, 44 Blackburn Road
3. WALLINGFORD, CT, Choate Rosemary Hall, 333 Christian Street
Mon. June 27 – Fri. July 1, 9:00am to 3:00pm
4. GREENWICH, CT, Whitby School, 969 Lake Avenue
5. OLD BROOKVILLE, NY, Greenvale School, 250 Valentines Lane
6. RYE, NY, School of the Holy Child, 2224 Westchester Avenue
Mon. July 11 – Fri. July 15, 8:30am to 11:30am
7. BERNARDSVILLE, NJ, School of St. Elizabeth 30 Seney Drive
8. MIDLAND PARK, NJ, Midland Park High School, 250 Prospect Street
9. STAMFORD, CT, Stamford High School, 55 Strawberry Hill Avenue
Mon. July 11 – Fri. July 15, 9:00am to 3:00pm
10. FREEPORT, NY, Long Island Sports Complex, 103 Mill Road
11. LIVINGSTON, NJ, Livingston High School, 30 Robert Harp Drive
Mon. July 11 – Fri. July 15, 3:00pm to 6:00pm
12. Westport, CT, PJ Romano Field 171 Riverside Ave ($194 w/ code)
Mon. July 18 – Fri. July 22, 8:30am to 11:30am
13. COMMACK, NY, Mandracchia-Sawmill Intermediate School, 103 New Hwy ($194 w/ code)
14. FLORHAM PARK, NJ, Ridgedale Middle School, 71 Ridgedale Avenue
15. NEW CANAAN, CT, St. Luke’s School, 377 North Wilton Road
16. PINE BUSH, NY, Chapel Field Christian Schools, 211 Fleury Rd
17. WOODBRIDGE, NJ, Woodbridge High School, 25 Samuel Lupo Place
Mon. July 18 – Fri. July 22, 9:00am to 3:00pm
18. NEW ROCHELLE, NY, Iona Grammar School, 173 Stratton Road
Mon. July 25 – Fri. July 29, 8:30am to 11:30am
19. MIDDLETOWN, NJ Christian Brothers Academy, 850 Newman Springs Rd
20. WINDSOR, CT, Sharshon Park, 48 Skichewaug St. ($194 w/ code)
21. MONTCLAIR, NJ, Sports Domain Academy, 14 Depot Square
Camps are led by professional, USA Football Certified Coaches. Our coaches develop athletic skill, build confidence and provide positive reinforcement. These outstanding educators are the foundation of our day-to-day operations and the key to our program quality.
- Louis Baldassano, MSGR. Farrell High School (NY)–37 yrs experience, 3rd year w/program
- Joe Deptula, Seymour High School (CT)-–9 yrs experience, 6th year w/program
- Pat Dowling, Monroe Township H.S. (NJ)–-17 yrs experience, 7th year w/ program
- Greg Lauri, Nassau Community College (NY)-–21 yrs experience, 5th year w/ program
- Dominic Longo, Bound Brook High School (NJ)--26 yrs experience, 3rd year w/ program
- Ron Luneau, West Haven High School (CT)–21 yrs experience, 6th year w/ program
- John Murphy, Masuk High School (CT) –13 yrs experience, 6th year w/ program
- Teriko Roberts, Bulkeley High School (CT)--6 yrs experience, 4th year w/ program
- Brian Smith, Bridgewater Raritan High School (NJ)--9 yrs experience, 4th year w/ program
- Charles Trentacosti, William Patterson Univ (NJ)--20 yrs experience, 5th year w/program
PARTICIPATING NEW YORK--NFL ALUMNI HEROES
Our coaches are supported by NFL-Alumni Camp Heroes from the New York Giants. These are men that earned their living wearing the New York Giants uniform. NFL Alumni Heroes are fathers and family men that understand the dynamics of communicating with young people. NFL Alumni Heroes appear at various times throughout camp operations.
Bill Ard, (Wake Forest) Guard – (1981-88) | Carlton Bailey, (UNC) LB – (88-97) | Stephen Baker, (Fresno State) WR – (87-92)
Scott Brunner, (Delaware) QB – (80-83) | Chris Calloway, (Michigan) WR – (92-98) | Eric Dorsey, (Notre Dame) DE – (86-92)
Keith Elias, (Princeton) RB – (94-96) | Sam Garnes, (Cincinnati) S – (97-01) | Deon Grant, (Tennessee) S – (00-03)
Rod Hampton, (Georgia) RB – (90 – 97) | Gary Jeter, (USC) DE – (77-82) | Terry Kinard, (Clemson), S – (83-89)
Curtis McGriff, (Alabama) DE/T – (80-87) | Bart Oates, (Brigham Young) C – (85-93) | Lee Rouson, (Colorado) RB, (85 -90)
Brian Saxton, (Boston Col.) TE – (95-97) | Joey Smith (Louisville) WR – (91-92) | Lance Smith, (Louisiana St.) G – (85-96)
Billy Taylor, (Texas Tech) RB – (78-81) | Steve Thurlow, (Stanford) RB – (64-66) | Odessa Turner, (NW-LA) WR – (87-91)
Charles Way, (Virginia) FB – (95-99) | Perry Williams, (North Carolina) DB- (84-93) | Shaun Williams, (UCLA) S – (98-05)
1) Choose Between: A Five-Day, Full-Day Camp or Five-Day, Half-Day Camps Location.
You can only purchase a full-day camp at a full-day camp location. You may not purchase half-day camp at full day location.
- 5-Day, Half Day Camps available June and July, 8:30 am to 11:30 am.
- 5-Day, Full Day Camps available June and July, 9:00 am to 3:00 pm.
- Private or Small Group, Position-Specific Instruction, any time, any location
2) Enter Camp Program (automatically determined by your registration profile).
- Rookies: Ages 6-7
- Comprehensive Skill Program: Ages 8 to 14 (sub-divided by age)
- Accelerated Skills Program: Ages 9 to 14 with 1 or more years of team experience.
3) Go into Overtime! Choose an After Camp Experience (Optional)
A) After-Camp Offensive Skills Instruction for Kids Ages 6 -11
- Further build QB, RB and WR skill base | Led by top Coach | Hero participation | Meet w/ Camp Director–set goals.
- Small-group, high rep training | Runs Tues., Wed and Thurs of camp week | Runs for 1 hour after camp day ends
B) After-Camp Position Specific Instruction for Kids Ages 9 -14
- Led by top Coach | Hero participation | Meet w/ Camp Director–set goals | Tell us Position--we have the coach
- Runs Tues., Wed and Thurs of camp week | Runs for 1 hour after camp day ends
C) Extended Supervision
Bring peace of mind and some extra time to your camp experience with extended supervision. With “Extended Supervision” we provide safe care for your camper one hour before and one hour after the official camp operating hours. Extended Supervision is not active camp programming or curriculum. It is simply safe supervision of your camper while you get your things done.
Safe, Non-Contact Football Instruction for Kids Ages 6 to 14 years old
- All programs led by professional coaches.
- NFL Alumni Heroes from the New York Giants provide supplemental instruction.
- Student-to-Instructor ratio is 10:1
- Kids are divided by age and experience levels for “apples to apples” instruction.
- We welcome “group with” requests and do our best to accommodate.
- Our instruction platform is station-based training.
All camps use a “station-based training” format to provide instruction. Groups rotate around the field—like a classroom–visiting each instruction station. At each station, the professional coach adapts the instruction to fit the group needs. Campers learn to run, throw, catch, defend, form block, form tackle and explode out of their stance with proper technique and improved speed. We run active camps so kids get multiple chances. With patience and encouragement, kids gain confidence and that’s what it’s all about.
Games, Energy and Excitement
Drills are mixed with fun competitions, rewards, contests and personal challenges. Every camp day features game competition—either 5 vs. 5, 7 vs. 7 or small space games with a tournament platform. The entire camp is driven by team challenges and team building opportunities, culminating in Championship Friday and the final Awards and Recognition Ceremony. On a daily basis, campers are rewarded for demonstrating qualities that improve the overall camp environment. Those qualities include leadership, sportsmanship, hustle, effort, humility and positively influencing others.
Blocking and Tackling
Within a safe, non-contact format and applying the USA Football Heads Up curriculum, we effectively train campers to block and tackle so they play better, safer football. On a daily basis, players will develop the right posture, footwork and approach to playing the contact game effectively. We build muscle memory, skill and understanding, so campers compete with confidence and make big plays.
FORMS FOR YOUR USE
- Release and Hold Harmless Agreement
- Permission to Possess and Administer Medicine Waiver
- Health History Form (Only for campers attending a CT or NJ camp location)
WAIVER: A Release and Hold Harmless Agreement must be signed by a parent or guardian and submitted prior to the camp’s first day. The Release and Hold Harmless Agreement may be submitted electronically.
HEALTH HISTORY FORM: Campers attending a New Jersey or Connecticut camp location must complete and submit a Health History Form prior to the camp start. These must be completed as paper documents.
IF YOUR CHILD REQUIRES MEDICINE: If your child requires medication, a Self Administration of Medication Form must be completed and submitted prior to the camp start. Camp staff does not administer or store medicine on behalf of campers. The camper must be prepared and able to self administer any medicine needed. Some camp staff are trained in first aid and will take action in the event of an emergency.
GENERAL POLICY: A parent or guardian must accompany each camper to Monday check-in and pick up the camper at dismissal each camp day. We reserve the right to suspend or terminate any student when it is deemed in the best interest of the camp or the student. In the interests of participant privacy, we regret that videotaping camp activities is not allowed. The Camps are not a school sponsored program and your school district does not endorse this activity. Dates and locations are subject to change.
See the Connecticut Policy Guideline on Abuse and Neglect Reporting
REFUND POLICY: It’s a Strong Refund Policy. Here’s why. Pre-registration determines the number of staff hired and campers guaranteed to the facility. We financially commit to coaches, heroes and facilities for the week and do not turn back. That’s why we need you to be sure you are committed to us. Therefore, in cases of cancellation before or on April 15, 2016, a $95 fee will be retained. After April 15, 2016, in cases of cancellation, we will retain the full registration fee. Customers using payment plan codes agree that your payment is strictly a deposit and does not represent a fulfilled payment. All Camp Policies apply, including the refund policy. Payment plans may not be combined with other discount offers.
CANCELLATION PROTECTION: Cancellation Protection is available for purchase during your camp registration procedure. You may purchase cancellation protection from your personal insurance agent or directly from Pro Sports Experience when you register, to offset some of the financial loss in the event you withdraw from camp on or after April 15, 2016. Cancellation Protection may only be purchased at the time of your original registration and may not be applied retroactively. Cancellation protection is non-refundable. With Cancellation Protection, in cases of cancellation on or before April 15, 2016, you will receive your money back less a $95 processing fee. Or, in lieu of a refund, you may request a Camp Credit equal to the full amount you paid for this year’s camp (less the Cancellation Protection Fee) which may be applied toward next year’s camp. With Cancellation Protection, you may cancel your camp registration after April 15, 2016, and receive a Camp Credit equal to the full amount you paid for this year’s camp (less the Cancellation Protection payment) to be used at any camp during the following camp year. Cancellations must be made more than 72 hours prior to the start of the camp and will be awarded as a Camp Credit equal to the value of your camp registration fee (less the Cancellation Protection Fee).
CAMP CREDITS: Camp Credits may be redeemed by the original registrant or any family member for camp registration during the following year only. Camp Credits have no cash value and expire at the end of the following camp year. Each camp registration requires purchase of its own Cancellation Protection policy.
UNATTENDED DAYS: There is no refund for unattended camp days. Unattended camp days cannot be transferred to future camps.
WEATHER RELATED ISSUES: In the event of severe weather at full-day camps, we will move camp activities indoors. We reserve the right to cancel the entire camp day (or any portion of it which remains). No refund will be issued for camp days (or portions thereof) cancelled for any reason. The decision to cancel and/or modify a camp rests solely with the management, facility manager and head coaches. In the event of severe weather at half-day camps, we will move into indoors or to a protective shelter. If the delay is prolonged we may choose to extend that day or any other day. We reserve the right to cancel the entire camp day (or any portion of it which remains). No refund will be issued for camp days (or portions thereof) cancelled for any reason. The decision to cancel and/or modify a camp rests solely with the management, facility manager and head coaches. At certain locations in the event of severe weather, we may bus campers to an alternate indoor location. Should that become necessary, we will send an email to your registered email address with full details of the plan. Please check your emails frequently during camp operations.
YOUR CAMP LOCATION, DATE AND TIMES: Check your email confirmation and/or view the camp schedule here.
FIRST DAY, MORNING CHECK IN TIMES: Check-in opens 45 minutes prior to the camp time. This is a one time process, occurring only on the first day of camp. A parent, guardian or authorized adult must walk the camper through the First Day, Morning check-in process.
DROP OFF TUES-FRI: Camps may join us as early as 15 minutes prior to camp start, unless you have purchased extended supervision. See below for extended supervision details.
PICK UP TIMES AND REQUIREMENTS: Pick-up occurs immediately upon the conclusion of the camp day–see the camp schedule for your specific times. A parent, guardian or authorized adult is required to pick up the camper at dismissal of each day.
Due to additional commitments for our coaches, parents must be prompt for pick up. We can cover up to 15 minutes after the camp day ends, but it is prohibitive for coaches to remain any longer. If you cannot arrange for pick-up within 15 minutes of the camp day conclusion, please arrange for extended supervision. See below for extended supervision details. Check with your Camp Director regarding unique pick up and release logistics.
EXCEPTIONS FOR PICK UP TIMES: If you have registered for “After Camp Offensive Skills,” “After Camp Position-Specific Instruction” or “Extended Supervision,” your pick up times will change.
AFTER-CAMP INSTRUCTION: If you registered for a Half-Day Camp and added “After Camp” Offensive Skills or Position-Specific Instruction, your Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday pick up time is extended by one hour.
EXTENDED SUPERVISION: If you feel you must drop your child off more than 15 minutes prior to camp start or pick your child up later than 15 minutes after camp, please register for extended supervision. Call 877-226-9919 for arrangements.
WHAT TO DO OR BRING
- GENERAL RELEASE and WAIVER: SUBMIT ELECTRONICALLY: All participants must submit a completed waiver in order to participate. If you did not complete the waiver during the on-line registration process, please CLICK HERE and do so now.
- SELF MEDICATION WAIVER FORM: (IF APPLICABLE): If your child brings medication(s) to camp, please bring a completed Self Medication Permission Form. This form is mandatory and must be submitted upon your first day arrival at camp. If needed, please click here for the Self Medication Waiver.
- HEALTH HISTORY FORM: Campers attending a New Jersey or Connecticut camp location must complete and submit a Health History Form prior to the camp start. These must be completed as paper documents.
- Lunch + Drink(s) for Full Day Camp; Snack + Drinks for Half Day Camps: Note about peanut products: A number of children with nut/peanut allergies are attending our camps. To further assist these campers, we are asking that you refrain from packing nut/ peanut products in your child’s lunch. We will have designated nut/peanut-free tables at which these campers may eat their lunch.
- Refillable water bottle filled (with name on it)
- Tennis Shoes (mandatory for Full-Day Camps)
- Cleats (Optional but highly recommended)
- Sun Screen (Mandatory–apply in am prior to camp and re-apply after lunch)
- Windbreaker (for rain)
- A Towel (for rain)
- A Gym Bag
- Your official camp T-Shirt will be provided and must be worn very day.
- A great attitude–be excited for camp! We certainly can’t wait to play some football!