Philadelphia Heroes Youth Camp Curriculum
Save $70 through Sunday, March 23
Non-Contact Football Instruction and Fun for Kids ages 6-14
FIVE-DAY, FULL-DAY CAMPS
(for Private or Small Group Position-Specific Instruction, Click Here)
TWO CAMP OPTIONS
Campers enter either the Comprehensive or Accelerated Camp and are further subdivided for targeted instruction experiences. The Comprehensive Camp, the Accelerated Camp and Private Instruction Program are available at all camp locations.
Option 1: Comprehensive Skills Camps (Ages 6-14)
Kids will learn to run, throw, catch, defend and explode out of a stance with proper technique and improved speed. We run active camps so kids get multiple chances. With patience and encouragement, kids gain confidence. Positive reinforcement and encouragement are essential parts of our instruction. Kids gain a comprehensive understanding of the game, build confidence and improve skills. The reward is skill development and tons of fun–and that’s what it’s all about!
Option 2: Accelerated Skills Camps (Ages 9-14)
This is an “advanced classroom” within the Comprehensive Skills Camp. To qualify, campers must be ages 9 to 14 years old with a minimum of one of team football playing experience. We challenge experienced players to improve form, technique, speed and skill. Sessions are fast-paced, challenging and fun. This experienced, cohesive group receives more advanced instruction, more detailed team-play concepts and more repetitions in order to reach the next playing level. During camp mornings, the Accelerated Skills campers will work together as a separate unit. Afternoons feature more team oriented challenges, skill challenges, 5-on-5 tournaments and team instruction. Accelerated Skills campers will join other campers for class room curriculum, Hero events, lunch, scrimmages and team competitions.
- Five-day, full-day camps provide 30 hours of instruction and fun.
- 9:00 am to 3:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
- Led by professional educators and professional coaches.
- Supplemental instruction from Philadelphia Eagles Alumni Heroes.
- Station-based training format divides kids by age and experience level.
- Athletic trainer for every camp.
- All locations feature indoor teaching and athletic space in the event of poor weather.
- 10:1 student-to-instructor ratio.
- Mornings: Individual skill instruction–we teach all football positions.
- Afternoons: Skill challenges, contests and games leading to Championship Friday.
- Extended supervision is available. Include it when you register or add it afterward.
NEW FEATURE: USA FOOTBALL HEADS UP FOOTBALL CURRICULUM
For current or future tackle players, we are proud to announce a new partnership with USA Football that delivers their Heads Up Football curriculum to all Philadelphia Heroes Youth Football Camps. For kids that want to master the tackle game, our coaching staff is fully trained and certified by USA Football to ensure the highest quality instruction. Through our non-contact format, we develop muscle memory, skill and understanding of the Heads Up Football techniques. The non-contact “form and fit” instruction trains athletes to achieve proper posture, footwork and approach in order to be better and safer players.
FORMAT AND SKILLS
Within our station-based training format, campers are divided by age and experience level so each receives the right level of instruction and support. We teach technique, skills and appreciation for all football playing positions.
We develop athletic skills, including individual passing, running, non-contact blocking and tackling. And we take pride in creative, effective, age-appropriate curriculum.
Kids will learn to run, throw, catch, defend, form block, form tackle and explode out of their stance with proper technique and improved speed. We run active camps so kids get multiple chances. With patience and encouragement, kids gain confidence and that’s what it’s all about.
SAFE, BLOCKING AND TACKLING INSTRUCTION FOR TACKLE BOUND PLAYERS
For players that want to master the tackle game, special attention is paid to blocking and tackling instruction. Even with a non-contact format, we develop the muscle memory, skill and understanding of the “best play” techniques for blocking and tackling. We use “form and fit” blocking or tackling instruction to assure athletes have the proper posture, footwork and approach to these skills. Operations Director Mike Gross is certified by USA Football as a “Master Trainer” for the Heads Up Tackling program..
REALLY BIG EVENTS
- Official NFL Punt, Pass and Kick Competition at every camp location!
- Meeting and learning from Philadelphia Eagles Alumni Heroes
- Championship Friday and Awards Ceremony!
Team Theme: Playoff Football
Positional Theme: Defensive Backs
Hero Theme: Brian Dawkins
Note: Hydration breaks are scheduled every 20-25 minutes with frequency increased as required. Campers may take a break for water or rest at any time during camp.
9:00 am Dynamic Warm-Up
9:15 am Speed and Agility
9:30 am Offensive Skills Stations
11:00 am Team Play
11:30 am Lunch Break
12:00 pm The Super Bowl Triumph
12:15 pm Chief Scout Challenge
12:30 pm The Franchise Game
1:00 pm Dynamic Warm Up
1:20 pm Defensive Skills Stations
2:15 pm 5 on 5 Tournament Game
2:55 pm Reinforcements
3:00 pm Final Whistle
EXPANDED INDOOR CLASSROOM CURRICULUM
In addition to expanded gymnasium activities, the following classroom curriculum enriches our teaching mission for routine days and days with inclement weather.
INDOORS: LEARNING FOOTBALL, LIFE, FITNESS FOR FUN
- Five Questions with a Hero: Campers interview former NFL stars.
- Hey Rookie: Being young, new and unsure…and making an impact.
- Rapid Fire True or False: A fast-paced challenge based on field instruction.
- Reaction Time: Making choices in split seconds.
- Super Bowl History: The magnitude of the world’s most watched event.
- The Ball Hawk: Have a true sense for the game.
- The Chief Scout: Act as NFL GM to build a dynasty.
- The Franchise: Act as future NFL team owner.
- The Play Maker: Outwit classmates with play calls and design.
- The Ultimate Challenge: A Fun Team Trivia Challenge
- Big Moments: Inside stories of great moments in team history.
- Good Call: Learn what it’s like to be an NFL referee.
- Teamwork: Captains, coaches and leadership in the NFL.
- The Think Tank: Focus on the good things you do.
- Awards Ceremony: We reward all of our students for their efforts on and off the field.
- Being Invincible: How one team did not give up won a big playoff game.
- Blunder to Thunder: Responding to extreme mistakes.
- Breaking Labels: Why a scouting report or label often means nothing.
- Goal Setting: The practice of setting goals.
- Stormy Weather: How to deal with unexpected circumstances
- To the End Zone: Beware of self-imposed limits.
- When You Are All In: When you finally “get it,” how you “keep it.”
- Pushing the Limits: What muscle groups build athletic skills.
- Eat Like a Pro: Carbohydrates, Fat, Calories and Protein
- Stay Hydrated: Hydration for safety and performance.