6 THINGS THAT MAKE A GREAT YOUTH FOOTBALL COACH
Some not-so-obvious but oh-so-important qualities of a great youth football coach.
1. Convinces players that they can do things they never believed and then teaches them how.
2. Appears urgent to get things accomplished but in fact is very patient in achieving goals.
3. Packages constructive criticism within 1 or 2 positive comments.
4. Realizes that kids come to practice to enjoy football and have fun.
5. Realizes that every athlete has different thresholds for criticism.
6. Realizes that he usually has no idea about an athlete’s home life and is therefore careful in his words and actions.